Lenox, Mass. · June 2008On the porch of the Birchwood Inn, the oldest house in Lenox (1767).
The Stone Hill Center at the Clark Museum, Williamstown,
. . . is still under construction.
With Steve and Marian at Arrowhead, Melville's home 1850-63.
The barn where Melville and Hawthorne used to sit and talk in the1850s is still there and is now a museum.
The view to the north from Melville's 2nd-floor study, where hesequestered himself all day to write Moby Dick.
The flavor of Lenox on a sunny summer evening,
|Before the performance:looking from our seats out the back to the lawn; |
dancers warming up, on the right.
After the show
Edith Wharton's home, The Mount (she lived here from 1901-1911).
Jackets from the first editions of some of EW's books.
The central hallway on the 2nd floor; the desk in the library
Kaye, George, Allen, Wendy
|Around the grounds|
Favorite chairs this trip
At the B&B
At Stone Hill
Favorite sinks this trip
|At Stone Hill |
in the men's room
|At the Mount |
The scullery in the basement
|And at the B&B|
in our room.